Squirrel Baby

Squirrel Baby
It was all she had

Sunday 1 May 2011

LATE


Officially late now. But I knew I was going to have a May baby. It's only really today that I've felt like I was ready for the baby to come. So I will start doing all the hypnobirthing visualisations for bringing on labour. The house still isn't perfect but it's good enough and I want to use the time now doing everything to prevent being induced. I know some women at my stage are gagging to be induced but I'm really against it. I'll be offered a membrane sweep at the midwife on Wednesday but, unless something unexpected happens, I'll be saying, 'no thanks'.

Today I did a very silly thing. I spent £25 on 5 metres of self adhesive velcro. Yup. That's what B&Q were charging. Because we were spending so much, I didn't really question the price til we got home. We are using it to attach a travel black-out curtain to our window frames. The baby will sleep in both our room and its own room on a daily basis so I want to be able to put both rooms into total black-out darkness. But 5m was only enough to do one window and then it dawned on me that the whole job would cost £50 just in velcro. Onto the internet and, of course, it should only have cost me about £8. B&Q - SHAME ON YOU!

And just this second I've got a text from an NCT mum to say her baby arrived today - on her due date. Everyone I know is going to beat me to it. Women who've already had their babies - bah!


I've been trying to do a Lost re-watch of Season 2 recently but I have to confess that Dexter has been getting in the way. I started S1 months ago and couldn't quite get into it. It's so morally dubious. But with all the spare time and ironing I had since starting maternity leave, I've quickly got to the end of S2. Frank Lundy temporarily filled the Frank Lapidus shaped hole in my life. Now I have a Frank Lundy shaped hole in my life. This baby needs to come so I can have a real life again.
Weight - 11 stone, 10 pounds. Phew - at least not gaining rapidly. Pregnancy app fruit/veg obsession = pumpkin. Roll on midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment