Squirrel Baby

Squirrel Baby
It was all she had

Friday 1 October 2010

Vomit and Volcano



It's been a pukey week. I had my booking in appointment with the midwife on Monday but nearly didn't make it because I was sick just before I left the house. When I arrived I was so dehydrated, I couldn't pee for them and they had trouble finding a vein to draw blood. Then they asked me if I was going to breast feed and where I want to have the baby. Give me a break - I don't even really believe there IS a baby yet. Then they gave me a big pack of leaflets with more ridiculous decisions for making. Do I want my baby to have a vitamin K injection when it's born?


The pack has YOU'RE PREGNANT on the front of it, and I hadn't taken a big enough bag with me. I had to hide it under my jacket as I walked home.


On a positive sicky note, I am no longer only sick on Thursdays, having added Mondays and Fridays to my repertoire.





Last night I dreamt that my friend H was driving me around the loch at Stirling Uni,when a volcano went off. The lava was fast approaching. I had my 3 day old baby 'Amy' with me although she was the size of a 10 month old. I got out the car to avoid the lava flow and got separated from H. Then the dream went all post-apocalyptic and I eventually came across a group of folk in their twenties who had taken over an abandoned dorm. They let me have a room that had broken glass all over the bed. But in the dream I bonded with the baby and I am now 1% less freaked out than I have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment