Squirrel Baby

Squirrel Baby
It was all she had

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Week 8 (or at least we'll say it is for now). The Phantom


Finally more time passed and I went to the Doctors on Friday 3 September. Do not misunderstand me - I was under no illusions that this would be a visit of any real import. However, I did not expect to come away wondering if I was pregnant at all. Almost 50% of the appt was the doctor explaining how she needed proof that I was pregnant before going any further and explaining what to do if the lab report came back negative. Everyone else I've ever heard speak about it has said the doctor took their word for it. Granted, most people are baffled by this, but so repeated is the story, I was fully expecting to be believed. Silly me. So until tomorrow afternoon, I'm loopy phantom pregnancy lady as far as the medical profession is concerned. So I decided to act a bit loopy and call up today for my result, just in case. But no such luck. The receptionist was very nice about it, but it just wasn't in yet. Maybe they are checking it twice.

And in fact, there's no denying it, I am loopy because I've now done 4 tests. The last one was soo pink and so immediate, I can't possibly be in doubt. And yet I am - until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment