Squirrel Baby

Squirrel Baby
It was all she had

Monday 13 December 2010

Can you feel it?

We are fed up of icy weather. Most of the snow melted on Friday but there so much ice left on the pavements out of town that I still can't walk to work. I need exercise and I'm going mad. I'm sick of the bus. Literally. Two days last week I've been very near to vomiting on Edinburgh's historic Royal Mile on the way to work. I've had to spit up some 'pre-vomit saliva' in various closes on the way down the road. Hahahahaha - nice. If I have to live it, you have to know about it. But no actual vomit for 15 days and counting.

We got most of our Christmas shopping done on Saturday and bought some maternity clothes for me. This is good because I've been reduced to wearing my stretchier dresses to work. They were pretty short to begin with and, with a bump using up more fabric than usual, they are now very close to indecent - more appropriate for a tropical island than sub-arctic Edinburgh. Still, I aim to be one of those irritating women who stay thin except for the bump. So long live the short dress wearing!

On Friday I felt the baby move for the first time. D is jealous and says 'You get all the good stuff'. At first of course I wasn't sure what I was feeling. It's a bit like a bubble bursting under your skin, or like a tiny muscle spasm.

On Wednesday we go for our 20 week scan which is pretty exciting. If it all goes well then, we have to assume the baby is fine. Now I just need to worry about it being ugly. I was being teased at work about how many ugly babies there are. And how some have cone shaped heads because they've been suctioned out. Was totally traumatised. Today someone mentioned the words 'facial birth marks'.

Although I'd quite like to know if the baby is a boy or a girl, D isn't keen so we are going to wait. We'll know soon enough I suppose.

Finally in a week without much to say, I'm 9st, 11.5 pounds. I am getting really quite big.

2 comments:

  1. Is it almost time for you to be kidnapped by the Others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get me some peanut butter first.

    ReplyDelete